Friday, November 28, 2014
Everything in the store is on sale! Hurry over to snag some of the biggest deals of the year!
$2 kits from sweet caroline studio:
Skip to my Lou
Brown Paper Packages
Check out the fantastic kit available at Scrapstacks!
In honor of her feature there, Celeste has a tutorial and a freebie for you! Take it away Celeste....
I wanted to share an easy fun way to use pdf printable to make unique holiday decor for your home, office or even as a gift.
making or painters tape
frame or other way to display end product
First: Cut the burlap to the size of your card stock. I printed mine on a 8.5 x 11” sheet of burlap and used a card stock of that same size.
Second: Use spray adhesive to clue the burlap to the card stock. The card stock is needed in order to get your burlap through your printer.
Third: Use the masking or painters tape ( I used painters tape ) at the top and bottom so that the edges don’t get caught in your printer.
Fourth: Time to print. Open your pdf and print it onto your burlap. You may want to select card stock in your printer settings.
Fifth: Frame, wrap or display. It’s that easy and you’re ready to decorate for the holidays!
I hope you enjoy the free printable you can get here…
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Hi everyone, This is Samantha!!!
It's been a little while since I have posted here, so lets get right into it!
I am using Celestes new Halloween kit call Fright. You can get the bundle in store by clicking on the link.
So hopefully you would have noticed Celeste loves creating what I call stamps but in her kits what she sometimes calls Brushes and Overlays such as these ones - Fright.
You look at them and they are all black and you think I could recolour them as follows....
1. Add your brush to your page, make sure the layer is selected.
2. Bring up the layer style panel. I do this by either right clicking the highlighted layer in the menu and selecting blending options or double left clicking on the right side of this highlighted layer.
3. Choose Colour Overlay. When the colour overlay window opens it usually changes the brush to red. So click on the colour box next to where it says blend mode normal and choose the colour you wish the brush to be in. I chose white.
But when I looked at the overall layout of my page I wasn't really too happy with how it all looked.
So I started playing around with the blending modes. And this is sooooo easy to do! Make sure you have the layer selected and on your keyboard press Shift - or Shift + and this takes you through all the blending modes.
1. Is where you should see which blending mode you are in when pressing shift - or +
2. Make sure your brush layer is selected.
3. The change to the brush on my page - this is the hue blend.
4. My history roll going crazy as I scroll through the blending modes!!!
Here are a few examples:
Using the colour blend mode
And here the overlay blend mode
And my final page! Using the soft light blend mode.
So have fun with all of Celeste's brushes, overlays and stamps! You can find them in nearly all her kits at Pixels and Co!
Friday, November 7, 2014
Do you celebrate Halloween? You probably took hundreds of pictures last week alone, right? Now you can get started scrapping those pictures with the newest kit from sweet caroline studios, Fright:
To go along with the kit are two add-ons:
But this weekend you can get the Bundle at a steal, almost 50% off!
The Creative Team has been hard at work documenting their memories. Take a look at their beautiful pages: